Attractions and Things to Do in Tyler & Near Canton
When shopping is finished at First Monday Monday, there are a variety of attractions and things to do in close-by Tyler, including the Rose Garden, the Caldwell Zoo, museums, shopping and dining. In the spring, the city hosts the famous Azalea Trail.
Located in the rolling hills of East Texas in Smith County mid-way between Dallas and Shreveport, the city has a wide range of appeal.
Its lifestyle is cosmopolitan, yet has the feel, benefits and security of a small town. It offers benefits such as the East Texas Symphony Orchestra and a variety of plays and musicals, at various venues including the renown Cowan Center.
The highly-respected Museum of Art showcases both permanent, rotating and visiting collections. The Museum is currently engaged in the design of a much larger facility.
It also the home of the Center for Earth Space and Science Education (CESSE) and the Hudnall Planetarium, on the campus of Tyler Junior College. The Caldwell Zoo is well known and highly respected for its collection and educational opportunities.
Highlights of area attractions are shown below.
- Caldwell Zoo
- Discovery Science Center
- Historic Aviation Memorial Museum
- Cotton Belt Railroad Depot Museum
- Museum of Art
- CESSE-Hudnal Planetarium at TJC
- Azalea Trail (March)
- Texas Rose Festival & the Rose Museum
- Tiger Creek Wildlife Refuge
- Brookshire's Museum and Country Store
- Cowan Center
- East Texas State Fair (September)
- East Texas Symphony Orchestra
- Lake Palestine
- Cherokee Trace Drive-Thru Safari Park
- Camp Fannin
- Pine Cove Christian Camps
- Waterpark at the Villages
For more information on attractions and cities in nearby Louisiana, visit Louisiana-Destinations.com